Delight the mind and senses
Casa Cavia was once and will always be, above all else, a house. Built in 1927 by Norwegian artist and architect Alejandro Christophersen, a luminary of eclectic architecture, Casa Cavia was carefully restored and transformed into what it is today: a return to the delights of the Belle Epoque in Buenos Aires, in constant conversation with contemporary sensibilities. This is a house that brings us to together, passionate about both our past and our present. A house that celebrates the art forms that it comprises: architecture, books, food and flowers.
Lupe García, creative director, has sought out the finest Argentine talent and turned them into Casa Cavia’s gracious hosts: Ana Mosqueda (editor-in-chief of Ampersand publishing house), Julieta Caruso (head chef of the La Cocina crew) Camila Gassiebayle (director of Blumm Flower Co.) and Stephania Kallos ( architect-in-charge of the original restoration of the house). Five women bringing together the worlds of food, books, flowers and design.
A true meeting place, as we understand it, is a spot where creativity is cultivated. A place to set aside one’s daily routines in favor of pleasure and contemplation.